Thursday, March 13, 2014

I Think I Need a Retreat

Has it been a whole week, internet? Let's try that again. Has it only been a week, internet? It has been Survival Mode at Castle Keane. I don't really remember the weekend, except I got to go to Mass alone because Ryan and I traded off. Anthony was ill, then of course Katie Rose, Ryan's been super busy at work running this workshop which ended today. He was supposed to take the day off tomorrow to take care of the children because I am leaving on retreat in the morning. But he can't because he has to participate in Monday-morning-quarterbacking the workshop that they just finished. Found a babysitter in the nick of time so I can still go but that was a scramble. It was also necessary to scrub the dining room floor and the dining room rug, climb Mount Wash More, and make a batch of freezer-to-crockpot meals in anticipation of my family otherwise living on PB&J and Cheerios all weekend. I should tell you horror stories about Ryan's bachelor kitchen sometime. Also the meals are anticipating the advent of babysitting Baby Nicholas starting Monday. We had a trial run with Nicholas this week. He cried almost the entire three hours. Katie Rose still isn't quite better, figured out today that it was an ear infection. Got her on antibiotic, so I'm hoping that I'll come home to my happy girl again. I haven't been away alone for a retreat or any other reason since being married five years ago. I think it's time.

We cancelled Religious Potential of the Child on Wednesday due to Katie Rose's indisposition and two other mothers being sick. The good news is two more women are joining next week and now they won't be behind, because you definitely don't want to miss the first two chapters! I'll be back from my retreat refreshed and ready to reflect in not run-on sentences. I wish you all a peaceful weekend! Pray for me for a good retreat that I can draw the strength from the Lord I am so needing to do the work He wills me to do!

“Cast yourself into the arms of God and be very sure that if he wants anything of you, He will fit you for the work and give you strength.” ~St. Philip Neri

Of course, the quote I have written on my chalkboard right now is Philippians 2:14 "Do all things without grumbling or questioning." Fortunately I will have plenty of opportunity for Confession this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment