Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Zig-Zag Quilt Reveal!

Pretty and Happy:


It's finished!!!  This is definitely the largest quilt I've finished, at about 4 feet by 5 feet.  The colors are just so happy and the zig-zag is just full of energy.  Perfect for a little boy!  The fabrics are very little-boyish as well, with bicycles, rockets, and little boys chasing paper planes.  Most of it is the Children at Play fabric that I got for Christmas, with solids and dots and such from my stash.




Aren't these just the cutest?





And it washed up with that awesome crinkly texture that always makes me glad I went simple with the quilting and stippled it.

Funny and Real:


Anthony's outfit.  Yes, they're both Thomas pajama components, but no, they really don't match.  But you're home sick so that's just fine.

The backing fabric he's so adorably showing off is... a sheet from the thrift store!  The colors and the boat print coordinate perfectly with the other fabrics.  Anybody else find that God gives them perfect little gifts like that?  I mean, what are the chances of finding that absolutely perfect backing?

His faces are pretty funny, too.  He was a little sad that he doesn't get to keep this quilt, but it's going to support his school so he's resigned himself with a good grace.



Have you captured some contentment this week?  Link up with Like Mother Like Daughter!
round button chicken
Make It and Love It

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful quilt! You have w wonderful talent. I wish I had the patience to make something like that. Ok...to be honest I wish my hands were steady enough for me to make something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great quilt! As someone who's made one and knows how tedious it is, I'm sending you a virtual fist bump! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, simple and cute, the bikes are my favorite ones.
    Congratulations for a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome quilt!

    I wanna give quilting a shot, looks like a lot of work but fun too !

    Stopping by from the make it and love it linky!

    ReplyDelete